<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Candidate's Performance
Flu, tired and bored - that's me right now. Decided to spend the evening by myself (actually I am not that bad a company when I take myself out on a date, Plus no one can blame me for being cheap either). So I went out for dinner and then went for my quintessential Friday night movie - Manchurian Candidate being today's pick.

The movie was just about OK. The critics seemed to love it more than I did, but that's my opinion. The ending was kind of a let down. There was an undercurrent of tension which was neat but then after a while it got monotonous. It's been a while since I saw a good psychological thriller (can't even remember the last one that would qualify for my humble praise). Washington though, was really good. I like the fact that he manages to use his body movements very effectively, be it the confident cop in Training Day or the anxious wreck in this movie. Meryl Streep's character was slightly hackneyed but she still did a great job. I stood in the queue and repeatedly juggled my decision between this one and The Village before finally narrowing down the Candidature. The Village hasn't opened to the best reviews either - but I plan to watch it tomorrow.

The name of the movie makes me feel like having Chinese food right now :(

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?