<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Good Ol' Johnny
Subs brought to my attention the following site. The site is a message site for a now forgotten, almost obscure show called Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot. However, the show was a cult phenomenon in India in the days when Satellite was still considered fiction. I remember being glued to the show, specially for the use of gadgetry that could be created easily and yet looked cool (My personal fav was the matchbox watch Jojo and I made which could be flipped and Giant Robot was then summoned to the scene). Since then I have discussed (read shared) my love for the show with several people (most notably Sudhakar who got into a state of undesired frenzy). Thanks to Sub I got hold of this site (make special note of the pilot with a pink scarf).

This also made me reminisce about some other shows I used to be fond of as a kid and have lost touch/fascination/admiration/dedication towards thereafter. Some of them include:

1. Space City Zigma (or was it Sigma)
2. Street Hawk
3. Chitrahar (this was my only source of Hindi film music once)

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: you find the present tense, but the past perfect! - Owens Lee Pomeroy

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?