<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Laptop to top it all
My darling advisors bought me a new laptop that finally arrived today (though I am still using the old one as of now). It's a Dell Inspiron 600m. The machine configured properly but on doing a hardware check I realized that it came with 256MB RAM as opposed to the 512MB I had specifically asked for. As a matter of fact the two things I was most looking forward to were (i) more main memory and (ii) a lighter load on moi lap. So now I have to wait for the department to rectify the mistake :( This also means that I cannot go ahead and install the zillion things I have to (read JDK, Yahoo Messenger, Acrobat Reader, Ghostview/Ghostscript, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Cygwin and manyyy manyyyyy moreeeee stuff), lest I have to return this machine. Incidentally, the first thing that I installed on the machine was the Google Toolbar.

That's all the news I have on my side before I doze off - I am soooooooooooooooo (the repetition of letters, to enhance an effect, is fast becoming a bad habit I see) sleepy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?