<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 09, 2004

The man who made my books thicker
If you have some time, read this interesting article on Isaac Newton that appeared on NY Times. Newton has been one of my biggest scientific idols (Feynman is another). What amazes me abt Newton is that seldom has a man contributed to so many diverse disciplines - can you imagine someone almost launching a branch of Mathematics as a supplementary research? Moreover, I like people who have an aura around them leading to amusing anecdotes and Newton fits that bill to the T. Just a few days back I was having a discussion with a friend who claimed that Newton had things easy coz a lot wasn't discovered in his time. I vehemently opposed his view coz I strongly feel that even now there is so much that's not there - you just need a visionary to see it. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes - "A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it" - how true.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?