<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 16, 2004

The movie review!
Ah! Just came back after watching I Heart Huckabees. I really liked the movie but then I also agree that the movie is one of the strangest movies I have seen in a while. The movie is abt these "Existential Detectives" who help people discover the reason of all things philo and is brilliantly written. Mr. Sircar, my teacher in school (who is largely responsible for whatever little I know abt theatre) used to say that if you are making something really preachy, take some time out to poke fun at yourself coz then the audience knows that you know how they are feeling. This movie epitomizes this concept. I have never seen a more intellectually stimulating movie that pokes fun at intellectuals. On the flip side, the movie is a little confusing (specially if you wonder where it is going) but the wit, stellar star cast and writing more than makes up for it. My pick of the lot was Jason Schwartzman (even Jude Law was great), who almost looks unrecognizable since the last time I saw him in Slackers. Bottomline - if you like strange stuff - this is really strange but enjoyable fodder for thought.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?