<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 16, 2004

A personal post - G strings attached
For the third time in three days I received a lecture on G - the first person felt that I still loved her dearly while the third one felt I was being spiteful. Ahem! Contradictions, confusion and commotion! Reminds me of an incident I narrated to Vipul last night:

One of my dear friends (let's say X) was without a job for a year. In that duration X was not bothered at all and quite enjoyed his literal joblessness. However, the sympathy of people around him and their continuous reassurances made him feel guilty that he wasn't feeling bad and to please everyone else he started feeling bad - making everyone happy but himself sad.

Now the same thing is happening to me. People around me keep telling me different ways in which I should forget G - something I believe I've already done (or at least convinced myself so). However, just because I mention G, people feel that I am miserable and offer their sympathy. Like X, even I should start feeling bad just to make others feel good.

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything." - Anonymous.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?