<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Blog on blogs
My love for reading blogs is fast increasing. I spend a fair amount of time everyday reading a certain set of blogs dedicatedly (around 7-8 in number) and also "blog hop" to random blogs from blog links. The thing I find most appealing abt blogs is that they provide a very personal point of view, something I feel is largely lacking in organized journalism. So even if I don't agree to a person's point of view on his/her blog I know that it reflects an individual's thought process (as opposed to organizational stance or marketing whims) - and that is always intriguing.

So, I spent some time researching on the "more popular blogs" on the web. While no such conclusive list could be found and the few available lists did not match, people interested in such info can visit this aggregation site. An overall trend I noticed is that most of the popular blogs were either tech blogs or news blogs (I would say at least 90% of the popular blogs fell in these categories). The problem with these blogs is that most of them have become aware of their larger status and have started sounding more like news sites (I have nothing against news sites but I still want to believe that blogs are different). Nevertheless, I came across quite a few interesting blogs - which translates to "probable entertainment" for the coming week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?