<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The family meets
The interesting thing abt attending Bengali family gatherings is that you always have a few relatives who claim to have seen you last when you were "this small", saying which they gesticulate a height that is invariably half of what you are now. This always happens and makes you wonder why you never meet these people during any of your intermediate height stages. However, the family function I attended last night had a lot of relatives who had either not seen me or dint recall the meeting we might have had. So it was difficult to come up with the aforementioned cliche. This led to an even more hilarious thing where a lot of them started telling me how they had seen my dad when he was my age and that we look similar. Some things never change - even if it spreads across generations :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?