<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

M(r)s. Jones
I went and saw the second installment of the Bridget Jones saga - where "good guy" Colin Firth and "bad boy" Hugh Grant vie for plump Ms. Bridget Jones's attention. To start with, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the original but I have a certain amount of faith in Brit comedies and have seldom been thoroughly disappointed. So due to a slightly bugged state of mind, a free movie ticket I earned and the inability to study for my upcoming final, I went and saw the movie.

The movie was quite ordinary. I know of quite a few men who feel that Renee Zellweger is fabulously gorgeous but I don't exactly fall in that category. That, coupled with her added weight, whining tone (with a forced Brit accent) and too much focus on her face made her not half as delectable as I had expected her to be in this movie. Colin Firth suited his role to the T but the role wasn't anything great. Hugh Grant in his small role seemed to be the pick of the lot with his trademark cockiness in action. Overall the movie had some nice sequences (there's one where Bridget teaches a whole bunch of Asian inmates to sing "Like a Virgin") but not enough for me to recommend to it anyone other than an "almost anything watcher". Hmmmmm!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?