<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The secret of the fake smile
I need to learn the secret of the fake smile. I remember an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S where Chandler faced major problems coz he couldn't come up with fake smiles for his photograph. I have always said that I adored Seinfeld and F.R.I.E.N.D.S coz they had several moments we can relate to and this was one such gem. People who have been privy to my fake "photograph smile" have surely given a few natural smiles just looking at my uneasiness. I personally feel it is a mixture of extreme constipation and loose motion that summarizes my fake smile. First I hold it back thinking it'll look odd and then a second before the photo I let out all that I can - and yes it does look like shit on the photo as well.

Why am I mentioning all this now? Well, my sis dragged me to this place called Someplace Else last night where a throng of Kol youngsters were present. That's where I saw Pummy masterfully use the fake smile to perfection. People would walk in and Pummy would exchange a fake enthusiastic hand wave with the person and then give a huge fake smile. I wouldn't guess that the smile was fake if it dint disappear in 1 sec. "Who was it?" I would ask. "Some guy, I met in college. I dunno," she would say. Then how, How, HOW can both parties produce such huge and genuine smiles ???? It wasn't just my sis - everybody knew how to give the "twist your lips, look happy, look very happy, wipe off smile" move and I was really impressed by the social skills of these people. Bravo!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?