<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Free will (shipping and handling extra) 

Aha! Me back from my break. To all those who left sweet comments saying that they missed me - a zillion thanks :) Like a school girl decked in a red checkered dress and matching ribbons I say "Sho Shueeet!" and do the classic twirl with the water bottle :) Now back to blogging!

-~-


The girl next to me in the counter looked pretty agitated. "I don't care what you meant. All I know is that I was sitting alone and studying for my finals and my boy friend was out with some other girl partying," she spurted into the cell phone in a semi-weepy tone. I couldn't hear what the boy friend said but there was a brief period of silence and then the girl spoke again. "I simply don't care. DO WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE!" ... and a post was born.

The classic "DO WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE!". Almost legendary. One of the biggest weapons in an angry dame's armory. What the line actually means is "YOU BETTER DO WHAT 'I FEEL LIKE' BUT I WONT TELL THAT COZ THEN YOU'LL SAY THAT I'M BOSSY. INSTEAD I'LL EMOTIONALLY BLACKMAIL YOU AND MAKE YOU FEEL TERRIBLY GUILTY FOR WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU WANT TO DO SO THAT ULTIMATELY YOU DO WHAT I WANT U TO DO."

Yes! rarely has the true meaning of a sentence been so different from its original form. Just ask yourself, have you ever heard this conversation take place:

Boy: Hey do you mind if I go out with the guys for a drink?
Girl: Not at all (with a huge glee). You should do what you feel like. After all that's what a true relationship is, right? Actually you know what, you should go out with the guys every week.

Naaay! That doesn't happen. It's more like:

Boy: Hey do you mind if I go out with the guys for a drink?
Girl: Do what you feel like (and a classic sulk). But remember that when Reena wanted me to go shopping with her last week, I didn't. Just because I didn't want to leave you alone. So do whatever you feel like doing. After all it's your (said with a huge stress on the word) choice.

As I was thinking all this I heard the weepy tone turn to feigned coyness. "Ok then. Just don't tell me later that you did this for me. See you at nine then." She hung up the phone and smiled a contented smile. I knew that the guy did exactly what (s)he felt like.

Comments:
You are so bad..how could you take this out in the public ?
A secret is a secret and now no one will get blackmailed :(
Do what you feel like !!!!!
 
Aaaaha. (I've got sothing more to say to the post. Probably because I am speechless?)
 
ok, that was the emotional blackmail part of the girls strategy... u 4got about the parent strategy..." u want to smoke/drink/tan ganja? y don't u do it in front of me? i'm not ur enemy...and im ur friend to, after all , ur girlfriend is also ur friend isn't she? PLUS, ur being honest too...i don't mind at all... this is what relationships are about... putting up with idiosincrasies,na?"
 
Tritiyo - that last line - brilliant!
 
@debalina - your secrets are safe no more - comig soon - "101 secrets girls dint want u to know" :)

@flaming-CN - do what you feel like :))

@sayantani - brilliant! that deserves a post on its own. u should do it girl!!!

@biplabda - totally agreed
 
...and guys..theyl say "u can go out wid reena..i dont mind..i hav nothing to do though..but its ok ..ill kill time".........this actually means.." u dont go out..i do mind..since i hav nothing to do ill kill time wid u"
 
@anon - yes so the poor guy basically gets to miss out on two chances of being alone by himself :(( ad both times it appears that the girl is doing him a favor. such are the ironies
 
Nice to see u back on the blogging channel. Guess u have been doing what u felt like :)

P.S. I have added a link to ur blogsite on my blog page wud appreciate it if u can reciprocate.
My blogsite is http://whoisane.blogspot.com
 
boy! am i glad or wat that u r back!

sheesh ... u really shudnt expose these lille
dialogues of us gals..n too bad it rings true.

reminds me of a mail titled "what girls say and what they mean"
which was doing itz rounds some time back :))
 
:) It is amazing some do understand the true meaning ;)
 
@rohan - thanks for linking - i will do blog update on the weekend man!

@swathi - no wonder they say that in mathematical representation women are a real complex specie

@ratna - but i'm running out of sample space :(( help please :)
 
@S'nik - Complex Specie? Like with a real and an imaginary part? I wonder which part is imaginary. :)

"You better do what 'i feel like' but i wont tell that coz then you'll say that i'm bossy. Instead i'll emotionally blackmail you and make you feel terribly guilty for whatever it is that you want to do so that ultimately you do what i want u to do."

Nandy's Guide to Reading A Girl's Mind, I see. :)

I disagree about it being something girl's don't want you to know, though. I don't think it matters that you know what's going on.
Because (1) You CANNOT use the same tactic. (2) There is no way you can worm out of that kind of situation. You do as she wants, or you die :)

Unless of course, Nandy's Guide to Beating Women At Their Own Game has any tips :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?